Obligated Spanish registration of High Speed Pneumatics and RIB vessels
Find out about the registration obligations of operators in the REOENSAV, as well as the necessary authorisation for the use of these vessels that are used or to be manufactured, repaired, refurbished, circulated, owned or traded, as well as for navigation at any point in inland waters, the Spanish territorial sea or contiguous zone.
Obligated Spanish authorities registration of high speed inflatable boats based on Royal Decree-Law 16/2018, of October 26, 2018 (BOE 27/10/18).
- Which vessels are affected by the rule?
All pneumatic and semi-rigid boats (RIB’s) to be used for maritime navigation that fulfill some of the following characteristics:
– All pneumatics or RIB’s with hull length more than 8 meters (> 26 feet)
– Or all pneumatics or RIB’s with more than 150 HP engine (> 111 KW)
- Who is obligated to register in the Registry of Operators?
Those who own the above mentioned vessels and use them for any of following activities:
– Activities: exercise of business, sports, research or training activities
– Navigation: used for inland navigation on lakes, rivers, and waters outside Spanish maritime areas
– Recreational: all recreational vessels for private or commercial use that fullfill the technical matters stated above
- How do I comply the registration?
All users are obligated to be registered have to apply for authorization of use for each of the vessels affected by the regulations.
Both applications must be made mandatory. Only from the electronic headquarters of the AEAT, within the procedures created for the “Registry of High Speed vessels operators” (one application for each operator) and “Autohrization for the use of high speed vessels” (one application for each vessel).
Applications may be submitted by the interested party with NIF/CIF/NIE or through a representative resident in Spain, in both cases it is necessary to use an electronic certificate, electronic DNI or CI@ve PIN. In the case of non-residents in Spain, the application must be made by a representative resident in Spain.
- In the case of non-residents in Spain (foreigners)
In the case of non-residents in Spain, the application must be made by a representative resident in Spain.
Please proceed with your application by sending all needed information to following representative resident in Spain:
– Mail to: email@example.com (Sònia Hoces – Secció Nàutica)
To fullfill the proces, following documents are needed to be added in the mail:
– Valid ID of the owners, N.I.E or Passport (only scanned documents are valid, photo’s of documents will not be accepted)
– Nautical titles of the people who are going to navigate with the boat (only scanned documents are valid, photo’s of documents will not be accepted)
– Area where you will navigate in Spanish waters (for example: Catalonia, Balearic Islands, Empuriabrava, Denia, …, etc)
– Domicile or cadastral reference of the place where the boat will be kept when it’s not navigating
– Purchase invoice of the boat
– Documentation of the boat (CE-documents of the vessel, valid flag registration in any country, etc…)
– Administrative authorization document signed by each of the people who are going to apply for the registration (Download the document HERE)
Please keep in mind that there is a administration charge (fee) for this procedure!
Click to access EN-Triptico_semirigida_Alta-Uso-y-Operador-Real-Decreto-Ley_16_2018-en.pdf